Physiotherapy usually referred as ‘Physio’ employs physical methods for re-establishing the body’s movement and normal functioning of our system in cases of any damage, sickness and immobility.
Physiotherapists are health care professionals who are well trained and skilled persons and they work in different places such as hospitals, private clinics, work places and communities.
Physiotherapy services are now offered at your door step and we at Health above60 provide a complete range of services especially to elders with medical problems that affects their daily activities. As they reach sixty years and above, the elder people have to depend upon others as their mobility will be reduced and when they opt for Physio, they can regain freedom when they do it on regular basis. Physiotherapy helps other people to get back to their normal work after a surgical intervention or sickness without major strain to your body. It helps a person to be relieved from their pain and enhances their quality of life.
Physiotherapy treats conditions that affect ligaments, joints, heart, lungs and blood flow. It mainly helps in rehabilitation of the following conditions,
- Injuries that happened during sports or other activities
- Neurological disorders such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
- Spinal cord problems and multiple sclerosis
- Cardiothoracic problems such as asthma, bronchitis and emphysema
- Problems in balancing
- Fractures, arthritis and other orthopedic problems
- Recovery from surgery
All these conditions will make a person to slow down their movement and hence restricting their routine activities.
When there is a requirement for physiotherapy you may contact us and after your enquiry the physiotherapist will make a complete evaluation of the patient and according to the medical problem he/she will tailor the suitable therapies. By using different approaches, a physiotherapist will assist a person to overcome injury or acute problems or long term difficulties (disability). The different types of therapies include,
- Manual or Physical therapies:It includes massage and stretching of the muscles, joint and spinal mobilization with manipulation. The Physiotherapist instructs the patients to use hands to stretch and relieve pain and firmness. It improves the flow of blood to the area that has been affected due to injury and helps in recovery.
- Electrotherapy:Using of heat, illumination, water, ice and electric waves by means of ultrasound, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, laser and diathermy.
- Exercises therapy: The physiotherapist will teach certain exercises that helps to strengthen the muscles, regain the postures and cardiovascular working out and widening. It depends on the current health and the specific need of a person.
- The physiotherapist also helps the patient in getting medical equipments such as wheelchair and walking frames.
For example, a person who has arthritis has painful and rigid joints but if he does physiotherapy regularly, the joints will become mobile and flexible and the surrounding muscles will be strengthened.
Hence, physiotherapy services at home are becoming a key factor as it helps people of all ages and communal backgrounds to restore their physical health that has been wounded due to accident or other diseases. It mainly benefits the elders and everyone else who are willing to go for it as people are aware about the advantages of Physiotherapy.