The kitchen would be the first pharmacy for many Indians after getting mild health issues such as cold, stomach pain and headaches. It is no wonder why many call it as a medicine cabinet. There will be various natural medicines in Indian kitchens that will give a temporary relief, sometimes become the complete healing factor. In fact, most of the Ayurvedic medicines are prepared by the extracts of the ingredients that are used in the kitchen.
Cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds, turmeric, honey, garlic, cardamom and ginger are few of the ingredients that show great impact on health, directly and indirectly. Especially ginger, the herb that could be seen in almost all dishes prepared in the Indian kitchens, plays a major role in benefiting the lives in many ways.
Ginger has antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties that can serve as healers of the health issues such as nausea, acidity, gastrointestinal problems and heartburn. There various other health benefits of ginger that help you in the following 10 ways.
- Helps in Fat Burning – The ability of vasolidation expands the artery diameter while enhancing the circulation of blood. This increases the body temperature which in turn increase the body metabolism and burn more calories. In addition, ginger gives you a feeling of fullness while reducing your food cravings.
- Easing Nausea – Ginger is the best natural medicine to treat nausea which seniors experience more than often. The biologically active secondary metabolites in ginger take care of the nausea feeling and it is proven to be effective on vomiting sensation. The volatile oils which are the reasons for ginger’s distinctive odor directly affect the digestive and central nervous systems to ease the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
- Healing Properties – Ginger belongs to Zingiberaceae family that is related to turmeric and cardamom. Ginger root or simply known as ginger contains gingerol which is a substantial healing property. It can used as a root or the powder to heal all kinds of cuts, sores and wounds. It also prevents the infections.
- Relieving Joint Pains – Fresh ginger has the ability to ease various joint pains caused by arthritis, rheumatism, back pain, muscle cramps and abdominal cramps. Boil ginger for a few minutes and drink that water after cooling it down a bit. This helps in alleviating all the pains aforementioned.
- Decrease the Risk of Heart Diseases – Ginger has the unique ability to expand the blood vessels thus allowing seamless blood flow in and out of the heart. In addition, the ginger’s nature of decreasing the blood pressure also lowers the risk of getting heart diseases. This very nature also could help in reducing the cardiovascular diseases.
- Reduction of Inflammation – Inflammation in the swollen joints and muscles can be reduced by the ginger root. Consuming half-spoon of grated ginger every day is proven to deal with inflammation pains that are caused by various health issues.
- Increases Immune Strength – Ginger cleanses the arteries and helps in reducing the risks of stroke. It also enhances the immunity levels thanks to its natural antioxidant properties.
- Best Solution for Indigestion – Ginger is considered as the best solution for chronic indigestion which is also known as Dyspepsia. It is characterized by moderate to severe reoccurring pain in the abdomen. It is a condition that occurs due to the delayed process of emptying the contents in the stomach. The properties of ginger are proven to speed-up the process of emptying stomach. As indigestion is a common health issue in seniors, it would be the best health solution for seniors.
Ginger is full of goodness! Taking it as an ingredient in your regular diet would be a great way to be healthy, especially the aging population.