The weather is just cooling down and many will phew and welcome the rainy season. But, not the people with arthritis, especially the elders as arthritis as it is a seniors’ disease. It is a popular belief that the pain intensifies in cold weather which is true up to some extent.
Usually, the disease affects the small joints in the body and cause pain and swelling, eventually. In addition, this is an autoimmune health issue in which the immune system in the body attacks its own tissue. Arthritis is a painful disease that affects the movement and the whole way of life if left untreated.
Along with the prescribed medications, the doctor may suggest a few diet changes that could help in easing the pain. Also, you could find some herbal remedies to relieve from the pain and in many cases, these remedies work as the successful alternative treatment method to find relief from arthritis .
Find solution to arthritis with the help of the following 5 herbs that are available in your kitchen. Continue reading to know how they could help you.
- Ginger is part of the culinary and medicinal preparations, thanks to the healing properties it possesses.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger effectively work to alleviate the pain caused by arthritis.
- The increased prostaglandins levels could intensify the pain and ginger keep these lipid mediators under control.
- The unique healing quality of ginger is that it treats the root cause of the inflammation rather than suppressing it.
- Nettles are another rich source of anti-inflammatory properties that could treat arthritis and all types of gout issues.
- In addition, nettle leaves contain the nutrients such as potassium, manganese, iron, calcium and magnesium. These minerals are essential for bone strength.
- The surface of nettle leave contains the silicon content that stimulates pain by giving a stinging effect on the skin.
- Also, the tea which is prepared with the nettle leaves is proven to be effective in reducing the pain.
- Turmeric is one of the mandatory ingredients prepared in almost all households in India and they were present even in the ancient Indian medicine.
- Turmeric is one of the major culinary ingredients that has the most pain relieving properties.
- The presence of Curcumin and cucuminoid which are responsible for the anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric, not only reduce the pain but also decrease the symptoms of arthritis.
- Turmeric used in culinary preparations may lose most of its properties based on the method of preperation. Prefer to take the turmeric as a supplement post consulting with your doctor.
- Burdock Root
- Burdock root is a powerhouse of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. The use of it is getting increased day by day in India.
- The root will be available in raw, powder, extract and tincture forms work consumption of it twice a day will have impressive effects on arthritis.
- Burdock root also contains the essential fatty acids and oils that contribute to relive the paining sensation in joints.
- Just like ginger, burdock root could also be used in tea. Take this tea daily to alleviate the arthritis pain.
- Willow Bark
- Willow bark is one of the oldest herbs used to treat inflammation caused by arthritis.
- Containing the compounds similar to drugs used for pain relief, willow bark provides instant pain relief.
- The herb could be consumed orally or mix it in tea or taken as a supplement. This herb is widely used as the best medicine for seniors with arthritis.
- However, ensure to check with your doctor before consumption as it causes few side effects such as skin rashes.
Arthritis requires special diet and medical attention especially during the monsoon and winter seasons as the pain may get intensified during the cold conditions. Take these herbs as part of your regular diet and keep arthritis under control.