Feeling tired occurs more than often in the elderly lives. It is common to experience energy dip as we age. Even if they have the heart that is young, the body denies to cooperation to experience the golden years to their fullest. This often results in disappointment.
At any age, the body functions as per the nutrients we have provided to it in the form of diet. This diet needs to be a balanced one that provides all the essentials that the body requires. Consuming the better and balanced diet should be consistent for a long run in order to experience the results of it in the elderly age.
However, it is never too late to practice a healthy lifestyle. There are various aspects of health needs that need to be covered with your diet. You need to take a proteins, fats, liquids, vitamins and minerals that are available in fruits, vegetables and lean proteins.
Giving your body the right nutrients and physical activity is imperative to experience a healthy life. However, there are many elders who experience low energy levels every day despite a balanced diet and exercise. In this case, seniors need to boost up their energy levels by consuming the following 5 best food options for seniors to maintain the sufficient energy levels.
- Almonds and Walnuts –
- Almonds and walnuts, with its good fats, fiber and nutrients, keep you active the whole day.
- Additionally, they contain vitamin E and Omega 3 fatty acids that help the body in avoiding the cardiovascular diseases.
- Almonds help in lowering the cholesterol levels and can help you in being protected from diabetes.
- Walnuts are good for the heart and have the essential qualities to protect from cancer.
- Banana and Apples –
- Banana is known for giving instant energy with its rich nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
- Apples are rich in antioxidants and fiber and flavonoids. The phytonutrients fight cancer and reduce the risk of hypertension.
- Both fruits are considered as the powerhouse of various nutrients that replenish the muscles while giving instant energy.
- Consume a banana or an apple whenever you feel low on energy levels.
- Cardamom and Ginger –
- These spices will improve the mood by increasing the blood flow.
- Ginger tea or cardamom tea goes very well with tea helping you to fight the low energy levels by uplifting the mood.
- The anti-diabetic qualities of cardamom decrease the risk of diabetic and its related health complications.
- They also have the ability to boost the immunity levels.
- Honey –
- The goodness of honey on the human body is innumerable. Honey acts as the muscle fuel, thanks to its extremely low glycemic index levels.
- The glycemic index of food determines the glucose level increase in the blood.
- Honey can replace sugar and has the highest health benefits than the sugar.
- You can mix it in your coffee or tea instead of regular sugar.
- Whole-grains –
- Whole-grains can make the best diet options for seniors to maintain the sugar levels.
- They are full of vitamins, minerals and fiber that help you by easing the digestion patterns.
- Start your day with a cup of oatmeal in milk or with a high-fiber grain for increased energy levels the whole day.
Understand your body needs and your diet routine to develop a balanced diet plan. Seniors with diet restrictions for various health conditions should consider the advice of the dietitian. Diet determines the quality of living during the elderly age. Ensure you are consuming the food which has all the health benefits for a hassle-free life post-retirement.